Saturday, September 27, 2008

Illegal Immigrants

Ok yall, so the next topic I need to post on is illegal immigrants...so here it goes!
In the United States, we have a lot of illegal immigrants.  We especially have a lot of them here in Texas!  The illegal immigrants that come to Texas are mostly from Mexico, but there are a few from places over seas(i.e. europe), but there aren't that many from over there.  The immigrants probably come to the United States because they want the"american dream."  They probably also come because there might be better job opportunities in the U.S.  But many of the immigrants who come here do not usually get very good jobs to start with because they do not have the required diplomas, etc. that the US requires.  A lot of illegal immigrants end up doing all of the job that no one ever wants to do(i.e. stable hand, etc.).  Generally, the only immigrants who end up being successful are the ones who become legal.  Now, onto the question "what the heck does the government do about those immigrants?" Well,  I'm not sure about all of the specifics, but I'm pretty sure they try to find out who they are, and then they ship them back to where they came from...my mom is saying that the company that does that is INS(I don't know what it stands for, but oh well!:)

So, thats pretty much the "low-down" :) on illegal immigrants in the US!
Haha! "Low-down" is a funny word!  I don't know why I wrote it...but I did!

3 comments:

Colin D said...

I think that I.N.S. stands for Immigration and Naturalization Service.

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Well... I wrote a bunch of stuff that was kind of unneccessary! :)
I like yours though... it's very easy to understand! I don't really know how to respond to this either, so I guess I'll just say that... well... you did a good job, I like it!

Anonymous said...

Heehee :)
I guess...